Sunday, January 18, 2009


The Great GaDu


I visited my daughter and her family in Austin yesterday. It was my grandson's 2nd birthday. He is learning words fast now, but he has been a little slow to talk, though he does know his numbers from 1-10 and all his letters (proud grandpa here).


Of course he knows Mommy and DaDa, and he calls my wife Mimi. We were looking at family pictures, and when asked who I was, he said "GaDu." We think this is a diminuitive for GrandDad, but who knows.


In the grand tradition of the first grandchild naming the grandparents, maybe I will become the Great GaDu. It's not Cool Mark or G-Diddy, but it's not too bad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Somehow I still can’t think of you as a Grand Dad, so Great GaDu works for me.
What a great photo. It’s amazing how fast they grow–up.